Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Morning Chit-Chat

Emmy:                  Hold you!

Me:                        Emmy, if you would like me to hold you should say, “Mama, would you do me the honor of holding me?’

Emmy:                  Noooooooooooooooooooo….. hold you!

 

 

In an unrelated conversation, this morning was a nightmare. John has to be at work by 7 which means we need to be walking out the door by 6:40. I get up and get ready and before I go downstairs to get dressed (my super duper closet is in the basement), I turn on PBS Sprout to begin the waking process. Usually, after I am dressed, they are awake and watching TV. This morning, at 6:20, John was still sound asleep. My morning at this point usually involves me bringing Emmy’s clothes into our room, taking Bill out while John gets up and dressed, getting Emmy dressed and then getting her milk and John’s lunch together. Then, John will take Emmy to the car while I carry my purse, workbag, his lunch and whatever else to the car. Because of our late start, I asked John to take Bill out and I tried to get the rest done. First, Emmy said “No jeans!” and “No shoes!” then she didn’t want to sit on my lap with her legs over my right side, but rather over to the left side. She didn’t want milk but she didn’t want me to put her down. John finally emerges from the bathroom and as I give her to him and I carry out my coat, her coat (she refused to wear), my purse, my empty purse I needed to switch to since I was wearing brown and not black, John’s lunch, the stuff to take back to Home Depot and my work bag, and I am locking up the house, he says, “what’s wrong with you? You seem a little stressed out.”

 

Nothing dear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, can I relate to that! At least 3 x a week at our house.

Anonymous said...

they never have any idea what goes into doing anything with kids! mine stil does it, and it drives me nuts!