Tara, being the friend she is, wanted to come over last night and spend some time with Emmy and I, as she knows that this week is “the anniversary”. She asked if there was anything she could do. I told her she could give Emmy a bath. So, Lucas brought his jammies and we filled up a bath for the kiddos. Emmy Ruth literally jumped in to the tub and I had to hurry to get her shirt off before she got it soaked. We had to run two baths of water because the first one got cold and there were tears… when I finally had to make Emmy Ruth get out. There was play time, there was laughter, there was a little cleaning, but mainly there was a happy mama. As much as I will scream it from the mountaintops that Tara is a wonderful mom (I tell her that I knew she would be good at this mothering thing, but I didn’t know she would be THIS good), she really did nothing but stand back and try to stay dry as the kiddos played. Apparently, it is no fun to bathe alone or with Mama or Dadoo, but with a buddy, it is fabulous.
I wonder what time they are coming over tonight for our bath?


2 comments:
There you go! Problem solved!
YAY! Now you just have to have another baby for Emmy to bathe with...haha. Or you could just have Tara and Lucas move in with you. Congrats on the VICTORY!
Post a Comment