Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Busy, busy, busy but so much fun!!

Friday night, Emmy stayed with Nana (Lucas’s paternal grandma). I called a couple of times to check on her and Nana would say that she had to go, they were having fun without her, so I think a fun time was had by all. I can say that when I met them, Emmy would not come to me and Papaw Ricky had to put her in our car. Little twerp! Friday night, however, I managed to get lots of sewing done that I had not been able to work on for a while so I thoroughly enjoyed myself and I did a really cute project in the mudroom (pictures to follow when I get the finishing touches complete). John and I went out to dinner. And sat for the entire meal! I made him promise before we went that he wouldn’t get up and run around in circles or crawl under the table and he assured me he wouldn’t and he kept his word.

 

John worked Saturday and once Emmy came home, I considered calling Nana back since Emmy was properly spoiled.  Sunday morning after our trip to Sonic and Target, John and Emmy hung out while I worked in the flower bed. My flower bed was ridiculous and I swear, I think I saw some neighbors standing on the porches clapping and thanking me for finally cleaning it. Last year, I had lots of plants and tall flowers and of course, after all was dead, I never pulled out floral corpses and the leaves. So, I worked for a couple of hours in the yard and got most of the larger bed finished. In John’s defense, he would do it if I asked him to but he would also salt the earth so that he didn’t have to do it again. John and Emmy played in the house and then in the backyard. Neall and Becca were coming to Memphis for the night so I asked them to swing by and see if Neall could fix my wireless router. I am exhausted at messing with it.  Of course, when I went to get pictures of Sol and Emmy, my battery was dead!

 

Monday, we dropped John off for work and by the time we got home, Emmy Ruth was fast asleep. I knew that this would likely be the only time I could work on the other flower bed for the day and it really wasn’t nowhere near as lovely as it was on Sunday. We have NEVER been able to get a sleeping Emmy from the car into the house without waking her. I always thought it was so charming when people would remark about how when their kids would sleep they just put them in the car and drove around until they feel asleep. But then what? When ERB was a baby, I drove that Prius and the thought of spending the night in there wasn’t too appealing. So, with a sleeping girl in the car, I worked on the other flower bed. As cold as it was at 7am, I got a lot done… quickly!

 

Emmy started complaining about her ear hurting and then she grabbed her head and said it hurt. I know that I am a freak, but really, don’t care, I called the doctor and they were able to get us in 30 minutes later. She was fine, no ear infection, just a cold, but I would much rather be safe than sorry and have to take off work and go this week. Once she had the all-clear, we made plans to hang out with Lucas and AunTee and we all headed to the Children’s Museum.

 

Whew! And here we go back to the everyday stuff!

No comments: