I found a set of ‘dishes’ that I had bought months ago and hadn’t opened yet so I told Emmy those were her bathtub dishes and we could only play with them in the tub. Also, I found a bottle of bubbles that had rubber duckies all over it and told her those were her bath bubbles. So, last night, I sat at the bathroom door and played with the dishes and blew bubbles until she reluctantly came in there. I put her in the tub, with no water, and she got out of the tub. But, I finally got her back in the tub, thinking maybe going from a dry tub to one with water would be better than just getting into the water. I must say that this entire trickery scenario reminds me of trying to bathe Bill the Very Stubborn Dog.
There were tears, lots of “get me out”s but there were a few moments of playtime in there as well. When she got out, she was crying so hard that I couldn’t tell her no when she wanted to bring the new dishes with her to the living room, so she slept with them last night. In our bed. This girl has certainly figured out a way to get this mama’s button!!
No comments:
Post a Comment