This weekend, I attempted to get Emmy’s two year portraits done. I would love, love, love to have them professionally done and the timing for it is perfect since our favorite professional is about to be in town, but I just can’t justify spending the money right now. I am going to wait until next year and just take some myself for right now and see if we can get them to work. We worked on pottying a lot, but it didn’t go as well as I had hoped. In this picture of Emmy watching Yo Gabba Gabba! you can see the chair insert in front of her. She had an accident on it and then asked me “What happened???” So, the Elmo chair cover is the laundry and we are still wearing diapers. She did really want to wear her Dora the Explorer panties Saturday but we continued to have accidents so I headed back to the Dollar General near our house where I originally bought them so we would have more than three that were already wet in the laundry. After a scare, I found a package on the very bottom, in the very back. Whew! Emmy Ruth also discovered a pink and a lavender Dora cowboy hat. I think it looks like what she would wear if auditioning for Rock of Love, the Brett Michaels show on VH1, but none the less she had to have one. She wanted me to have one too, how sweet, but thankfully, I realized I had it on as we were checking out and I had worn the darn thing all over the store. I am a little concerned since everything we got her for her birthday revolves around Yo Gabba Gabba! and now we are in a Dora the Explorer phase. But, hopefully she will come back to her roots soon.
And she is in a naked little mood lately. Tara and I were laughing that Lucas will wear nothing but a white t-shirt, no matter how he is dressed, he takes it off and sports his white tee. Emmy has been wearing layers of lately but yesterday decided to be a streaker. While watching YGG, she ended up taking her PullUp off and just running around naked all afternoon. I told her this was a better idea in the summer but she would have nothing of it. This kid!
In other news, John worked on the closet in my office/guestroom/shrine to mom and grandmas/photography studio/sewing room so that I can put things in there. I was so delighted! The closet had this little built in shoe rack on the bottom so nothing would actually stack in there. When we got the house, it thought it was neat, then I realized that possibly ten pairs of shoes would fit there and who has only ten pairs of shoes? Oh yea, John. Like he’s getting another closet! Ha! So, now my storage bins of sewing things are easy to reach, I actually have a chair to sit in while I work on my machine and I don’t have to sit on the end of the hope chest and sew, and I don’t have to pull everything out to get in there. It’s delightful! But, just to prove you can’t get anything for free, John got a giant inflatable hockey set for the back yard and he insists on having the fully inflated net in the living room.



1 comment:
That girl's a hoot!
Post a Comment