Where did this little girl go? It is hard to believe what a difference a few months makes. In the last month, Emmy has really started talking more. My favorite thing is that she has started singing “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star”. I play it over and over in the car just to hear her little voice. Sadly for her, she sings a little like me, off key and not quite in rhythm, but her version is just amazingly beautiful. I worry that she is watching WAY too much television so we are in the process of cutting back. It is so hard to break her heart when all she wants is to watch more Yo Gabba Gabba! but we know it’s not the best way to let her learn. I will admit, though, that she has learned a lot watching that and Dora the Explorer. Her vocabulary has really blossomed, even if it is words like “backpack”, “boots”, “Toodee!” and “awe, man!”.
She does love to read several books a night still. Her absolute favorite author is Sandra Boynston. We read lots of her work in the evenings…
Next month this little angel will be two years old. John and I are busy working on her party and we are of course way more excited than she is. I am hoping that by then she will be able to say she is two… we are working on it. If I say “one...” and pause, she knows that “two” is next. She skips a couple and then pipes in again at “five”. Hopefully we can get that down pat by next month.

No comments:
Post a Comment