Wednesday, January 07, 2009

The Dreaded Bath....

I feel like Emmy thinks I am maniacally laughing at her as we toss her recklessly into the tub. She is absolutely terrified of the bath. For a while, she was doing better and then all of a sudden, she hates it again. We have done everything I can think of and everything I have read online. We get in there with her, we got her a baby doll that she can wash, we put toys in, take toys out, we put her in with no water and let it fill while she is in there, we put her in with it full of water, we have bubbles, we have no bubbles, we have plain water, pink water or purple water… For a while, she would draw on the walls with the bathtub crayons and only cry when I started to actually bathe her but now, she screams the entire time and when I give her a crayon, she puts it back in the basket and wants OUT. Last night, John put on his swimsuit and got in the tub with her, and she was miserable. She literally screamed for an hour after she got out!

 

I am at a loss as to what we should do at this point.  On one hand, well, she has to bathe. On the other hand, she is terrified. I am going to try to give her a bath in the sink tonight and see how that goes. We have been doing baths as little as possible but I wonder if we should trudge on and force it nightly. We did this once before and it got no better but maybe now that she is a little older it might help.  Argh!!! I am at a loss…

 

 

No comments: