Daddy found a bunch of recipes when he cleaned out the kitchen. Boxes and boxes of recipes. There was the little metal box of grandma's recipes that were worn and torn and stained and then there was this box of yours. You can see that not a single corner is bent, not a stain on a single card and not a card out of order from the content card at the beginning of each section. Hmmm. I bet this was a wedding gift (guessing from the avocado green color that matches the fridge we used to have)--that was never used. Yesterday I decided that I was going to start making dinner everynight, no more Taco Bell for us. So, I went through the Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library and found something that we had all the ingredients for (well, for the most part) and we had Zippy Beef Casserole last night. It was good, I don't know that I would necessarily consider it Zippy, but good. I think Betty Crocker has a theory that you can mix cream of mushroom soup with anything and it's a meal. Not that I disagree, I am just saying that seems to be her train of thought. At 8:30 when I finally got the dishes done, I told John that yet again, you were right, this cooking thing is for the birds and we are going out to eat tonight.More,
1 comment:
This is so funny! I'm surprised I don't have a matching, perfect set! We loved to collect recipes, just didn't use them! Eating out is more fun! TBP
Post a Comment