The last game that you guys went to was on 12/2 and you were pretty confused then, I kept telling Daddy to please not lose you at the arena. I was so afraid you would go to the bathroom and wander off and he would never forgive himself. But, this weekend is the last weekend game that we have tickets to so he and I are going to go. We will be staying with the Medders after the game so I am hoping that will make the trip a little different from the ones that you two made together. How many times did you say that your seats were, "you know, right above the piggie's little tail"? How can I ever see that darn piggie tail again and not think of you? I think this will be the first trip that daddy and I have made to Fayetteville alone since I was in high school. Remember when we would go up there and make fun of how he parked a zillion miles away from the entrance?
I met this girl online with the brain tumor associaition website who has almost the same story as I do. She emailed me her journal entries of her mom's journey and it was scarily similar. She foudn out a little before you, but was 63 and died on the 23rd. It is so scary/refreshing/comforting/very scary to know someone else has gone through the same thing. I would never want anyone else to ever see this for themselves. Do you remember when you stayed with me in August and the little old lady down the street kept me out in the yard talking forever? You finally came out and said I had a phone call to get me away. Ever since then, she asks "how's momma?" when she sees me. Of course, I have been gone for so many mornings and today is the first time I have seen her and of course she asked about you. I hated to have to tell her. I love you so much and miss you so much already.
More,
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment