I found this place that sells old Memphis City School furniture. It's actually pretty neat. I went looking for a two drawer file cabinet (and got one for $5!) and got John a record player. All I can think of when I see it is when we listened to Shakespeare on records in Mrs. Jenkins 9th grade English class. I am still trying to convince myself that in fact, I do not need a cafeteria table that folds up against the wall and has the little stools attached to it. (I could put it in the garage and have it for barbeques that we have in the summer--it's $25!) On Friday I got five of the student desks to decorate (paint the chairs and decoupage the desktops) for people's kids. As I shut the door on the back of my Jeep, I could literally hear you say "What in the world are you going to do with all this STUFF???" So I had to do one of the desks last night to show that it wasn't a bad idea to buy five $3 desks!! Below are the before and after pictures of the desk that I did for Janey (my friend Theresa's little girl). The pictures don't do it justice--it's really precious!!!


1 comment:
Tara, this is just the cutest thing! Can't wait to see the Razorback one! You are so creative and those kiddies are gonna be so happy to have their own desks, custom designed!
Post a Comment