Before Tuesday morning, the only other time I drove myself to the hospital was when we came home with sweet Emmy Ruth. I am thinking that trip was a lot better than this more recent drive I made. I got up after midnight and was quite certain that I was passing a kidney stone or perhaps having an ectopic pregnancy. I have never hurt so badly! It literally was worse than the labor pains pre epidural. There was no way that I wanted to get Emmy Ruth up and out in the middle of the night so John had to stay home with her while I took off. I am pretty surprised I didn't get pulled over on the drive there, but I arrived okay, and took off towards to the ER. I must have looked pretty rough since they got me back there pretty quickly and off to do an EKG and CT scan. I was admitted and limited to a diet of ice chips only.
I am so thankful for friends that take care of me, a husband that loves me and was literally shaking with worry, a brother and sister in law who jumped over here as quickly as they could to take my girl so I wouldn't need to worry and friends that kept me in their prayers, made visits and called to check in on me. I was lucky that this wasn't a big deal, and I am going to be okay. Praise God.
And now, three days later, I am home with a diagnosis of acute pancreatitis due to a gallstone. It was much more fun coming home with Emmy Ruth!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment