Monday, April 06, 2009

Good stuff

Emmy Ruth spent Saturday night with Nana Alice and Papaw Ricky and John and I worked on getting the basement cleaned up after the flooding it got the week before. The floors are properly bleached and scrubbed and everything is now up and off and floor. Emmy’s playroom has foam tiles for playing and lots of toys in hanging baskets. All is well.

 

This picture cracks me up. Momma kept so many of my things for when I had kids and I am so glad she did and I wish she were here to see Emmy Ruth playing with them now. Grandma Jackson had a penchant for costume jewelry so I kept a lot of that knowing that one day it would be perfect for a dress up chest and how right I was. Emmy is sitting in the rocking chair that was mine when I was little, wearing two of Grandma Jackson’s necklaces and shaking a maraca that Momma and Daddy brought back from Costa Rica. Life is good.

 

 

No comments: