Emmy Ruth is in the habit of making a statement and asking a question at the same time lately. We listen to our Sunday School music CD in the car and after Jesus Loves Me, she looked at me said “Jesus loves me?” I told her He did more than she could ever imagine. But, He was surely not happy to see her throwing her sippy cup at me while I was driving.
The other day, she kept saying “That way!” when I was getting on the interstate to drive home. She was correct in the direction we needed to go back to Memphis but I had to turn left to get on the ramp to get back that way and Emmy Ruth was not happy until I was going east. Last night, she kept saying she wanted to see AunTee and told me to turn “That way”, again, correctly. I was really thinking it was all a fluke until this morning, she said “MeeMee lives that way” and again pointed accurately. I am amazed! And can say without a doubt that she did not get this astute sense of direction from her Yia Yia who got lost when she left Wynne.
And last but not least, Emmy Ruth said her first sentence! I can’t be sure that she hasn’t said sentences before but this was the first that John and I both stopped and looked at each other and realized it. She said… “Bill ate my dinner!” after Bill ate her chicken taco while ERB was watching Dora the Explorer.
2 comments:
So sweet! We definitely need to listen to more music with Becca. Also, I am longing for the day we get a real sentence. There is HOPE!
First thought in my head when I read about her sense of direction was how turned around your Momma got. NO sense of direction. You know I got her a compass one year for birthday or Christmas... And there you said it - Yia Yia would get lost if she left Wynne! So funny! And so true!
Post a Comment