On Monday, my Prius broke down on the way to work. I was pretty lucky that it died a few blocks from Emmy's babysitter's house so I just got the stroller out from the back and walked her to her sitter's house. My CEO lives only a few blocks away and since we are good friends, she came and waited with me on the tow truck. It took several hours and not only was I disappointed with the time but I was very upset with the reasoning of the dealership about my car dying. The reason they gave me was that the car was out of gas---but when I picked it up no one had put gas in it and it ran fine. Really, this was just a final straw since I was getting frustrated with how small the Prius was. Although I appreciated all of the perks of the car, I was pretty nervous with how I seemed to get blown away by the semi-trucks on the interstate every day. The recent heavy rains scared me when I was being thrown all over the road with the wind.
Never being one to take my time, I went looking for a car and bought one on Tuesday during my lunch hour. I love it! It is not great on mileage but I can fit our family and Tara, Jorge and Lucas, which is worth a lot. It's a white Chrysler Pacifica.
I do not use paper towels and I always use my canvas bags at the store so I feel like I am still doing my part for the environment without having to purchase carbon offsets.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what did you buy?
Post a Comment