Saturday, April 19, 2008

Fourteen months

Are you kidding me that our girl is over fourteen months old already??? We were at the mall and shopping the sale racks the other day, seeing the 0-3 month clothes almost did me in, thinking of how my girl used to be too small for even those clothes at one point. Now, she is such a girl. A little girl, not a baby girl, but a little girl.

She is still not talking much and I am worried of course. Everyone tells me that I am crazy for being concerned. Not only is she brilliant already, but with her family history of me and her YiaYia, she will be certain to talk a LOT! I know this and I try to not worry too much but I can't help to be concerned that if I am not active, she will be behind all of her peers in school. That is the last thing that I want.

This month Emmy has just bloomed into a little lady. I can't tell how many times I have seen this girl run through the house in her diaper carrying a purse. She cracks me up with the purse! Such a little lady! She has started really playing with her toys as opposed to just having them around. Lucas and Emmy are always giving each other kisses and hugs and even thougth I try to hide it, it almost brings me to tears each and every time.

I told Emmy about our trip to Gulf Shores in June and she was distraught when I told her the trip was still six weeks away.

No comments: