Wednesday, April 07, 2010

In today's episode of "Life with Emmy Ruth"...

I took the suggestion of another mother and tried to bribe Emmy to sleep in her bed. So, last night, I told her if she slept in her bed, the Sleeping Fairy would visit. Earlier in the day, we ran into Dollar General for cat food and she found a Sleeping Beauty ball she wanted. I told her that we could get it for the Sleeping Fairy to give her for sleeping in her bed. Last night, she did sleep in her bed. For about 2.5 hours and then came to our bed. But, still it's a start so the Sleeping Fairy came and brought her the ball and a lovely note.

John had an appointment with the World's Best Dentist today so on our way to Wynne, we were talking about what the Sleeping Fairy might bring tonight and Emmy cried out, "but I slept in my bed last night! I already got my toy! I don't want another toy! I want to sleep in your bed!"

Failure of massive proportions.

On the way home, she was watching Snow White (which she calls Snow Wipe) and it was almost over when we pulled in the driveway. I got in the backseat with her as we finished watching it. When the prince kissed Snow White (Snow Wipe), I asked her who her prince was... Of course she said "Daddy". Then she told me she was Snow Wipe and I could be the seven dwarfs. I tried to confirm that I was to be all seven of them and she told me "no, you can be this one... Dopey".

No comments: