Emmy's newest funny trick is that she loves to put diapers on her baby doll. Once, in a rush, I bought some cheap diapers at the grocery store and we didn't use them all so I held on to them for this very purpose. I just didn't realize that she would be doing it so soon! But, now, every time I try to change her diaper at home, Emmy wants to change Baby's diaper as well. She is so determined right now! If I try to help put Baby's diaper on, she gets mad and wants to do it herself. I am trying to tell myself that it is good that she has such a sense of independence.She also loves to get my wallet and pull out all my cards and checkbook. Every morning I have to check to make sure that my debit card made it back in to my purse; we have been lucky so far. I took an old wallet and tried to substitute one for her but she obviously knows the difference; it's not as fun as my wallet but it will do for playtime. This morning, she cracked me up walking down the driveway to MiMi's with her pink purse on her shoulder and the wallet inside it. This is Emmy going through my purse. I know, I know... why do I let her do it?? I am a sucker.

Emmy still loves the ballpopper and insisted on having it on the couch with her the other night.
I think this is quite a unique way to get up close and personal with your toys: put your booster seat right next to them!
Poor girl has no toys. I got my birthday present from Papa Richie yesterday and this poor child was resigned to playing with the box. It's so sad. She and Daddy had just finished eating barbecue so she was a little messy.
And let's hope she always is this opposed to tattoos... especially when she is in college. We thought she would enjoy this dragon tattoo on her tummy and find it amusing. She did not. I worried that maybe it was irritating her skin or something, but I don't think so because she was fine with it until she looked down and saw it--then she would scream! We took it off immediately, of course, after this picture! I am going to remind her of this when she is eighteen and wants to get a fairy tattooed on her ankle.
And let's hope she always is this opposed to tattoos... especially when she is in college. We thought she would enjoy this dragon tattoo on her tummy and find it amusing. She did not. I worried that maybe it was irritating her skin or something, but I don't think so because she was fine with it until she looked down and saw it--then she would scream! We took it off immediately, of course, after this picture! I am going to remind her of this when she is eighteen and wants to get a fairy tattooed on her ankle.
1 comment:
Too funny, my friend. You just keep hoping. She is so big and just beautiful!
Amanda K.
Post a Comment