Friday, August 29, 2008

Iwuvyou

I never realized how poorly I speak until I started trying to teach Emmy to talk. I have been very aware of my grammar and my pronunciation since she arrived. But, now, I really am aware of how quickly I talk. Emmy is learning to say "I love you" and it comes out in one very quick word when she does say it. We have gotten her to say it a handful of times on the phone but it's not a constant "trick" for her. However, "puppy" or "puppy dog" is on the tip of her tongue all the time.

This morning as we were driving to MeeMee's, she called out "puppy" so I handed her a book about dogs. As I looked in the rear view mirror, she was pointing to the dogs and said, "I wuv you, puppy dog". I am certain that she will eventually feel the same way about me as she does puppy dogs. I hope.

I was at another branch this morning so when I arrived at my office, my coworkers had decorated for my birthday. There are streamers on the door, the light switch is taped off, and all of my pictures on my desk are turned around--even my calendar was backwards! The little snots went so far as to tape a business card to the bottom of my mouse so that the laser wouldn't work. My employees at the other office had cake for me this morning too! I am officially ready for my week off now!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh tara! I wuvyhou too! Tucker and you share the same b-day so have a good one!