Wednesday, August 06, 2008

The People Have Spoken

In a recent poll taken by Dear Momma…, I found that 100% of those replying felt that mothers of small children, especially those in strollers or shopping carts, could use the handicapped stall. Of course, there’s a story. Picture it, Wal-Mart, last week… (that was for Estelle Geddy—remember when she told a story on Golden Girls and always started with that?) After I paid for my items, I had to go the bathroom so Emmy and darted into the handicapped stall. The greeter (yes, I am there a lot) came in and asked if anyone was in the handicapped stall. I was tempted to say nothing, I hate it when people talk to me in the stall! At work, people have been known to come in the bathroom and call out “Tara, are you in here?” She is really nice, so I said that yes, we were in there. She then waited on us to get out. When we were leaving, I apologized for the delay and she replied, “You know, you really aren’t supposed to bring the shopping cart in here, there’s a sign.” I told her that the sign read that you couldn’t bring unpaid merchandise in the bathroom.

At first I was furious and then I felt badly for being so annoyed, I mean, I can really have seen Grandma Jackson doing THE.EXACT.SAME.THING! Possibly even to me! I am glad to know that I was not crazy. Well, at least regarding this.

No comments: