Monday, August 04, 2008

When the Girl is Away

Saturday night, Emmy and Lucas went to spend the night with Lucas’s Nana. Every time I called to check on them, I could hear nothing but giggles and shrieks of laughter, so I am thinking that they had a fabulous time. John and I planned to have a date, but we ended up doing nothing. We had eaten at a hibachi for lunch so by the time dinner came around, we were still a little full. And it was so hot! Yuck! When we cleaned out the house in Wynne, I brought boxes and boxes of photo albums home and they have just been stacked in my office. I knew it was time to organize when one of John’s friends said, “oh I didn’t know that was your office, I thought it was a storage room”. So, all the quilts in the hope chest that was John’s mom’s, were moved and the photo albums went in to the chest. I still need to clean off my desk to make this a working office, but it’s a step in the right direction.

On Sunday, we stopped at the Dollar General to get one little basket. That’s all I needed. But, John found a toy aisle that was 70% off, and it was Dollar General, so that is pretty cheap. He picked her out some singing stuff animals and I thought we would put them away for Christmas gifts, but instead he put everyone of them out for her when she got home from Arkansas. She did love them and it was pretty entertaining to watch! Poor thing, she was covered in bites. We can have her outside for 30 seconds and she gets a bug bite and it welps on her skin. I don't think they bother her but it is so sad to see!

"Here's looking at you, kid!"
I am afraid she has my mad dancing skills... All of her animals ready for action...

I can't say too much since Emmy did learn how to "squeeze" the hands on the animals and turn them on and off. Thankfully, these guys turn off when you squeeze the hand as well as turning on. So, there is an end to the madness of a singing dog, frog, chicken and pig.

No comments: