Sunday, July 13, 2008

Seventeen months

And here we are again, already another month gone by with the sweetest girl. She does the funniest thing ever--when you ask her where her belly is, she tickles her tummy and in that tiny voice says "tickle, tickle, tickle". John and I crack up every time she does it.
Last week, John and I both got really sad for a minute when I mentioned that funny little laugh she had when she was a baby. I got so sad that we will never hear that again. But, then, she came and tickled me so I couldn't help but laugh at this latest thing.
Every day she seems to get taller and thinner and that hair gets a little longer and curlier. Emmy still takes every bow out of her hair moments after I put it in there!Everything is "ooohh" and "aaaah". No matter how many times she has seen it. And "oww". If it's hot, she says "oww", if she is hungry, she says "oww", I told her the story of the Little Boy that Cried Wolf but it hasn't really sunk in yet. My favorite thing Emmy does is when I pick her up at the baby sitter's. There is a sliding door as I go in to the playroom but it's tinted so she can see me coming but I can't see her. As I open the door, she comes running to me and screaming with delight. If only everyone was so happy to see me! I only hope that she keeps being this happy to see me for a long, long time!

1 comment:

Catherine Robbins said...

Tara, I see Grandma Teri's lips on this little girl!! Looks like she got lessons before being sent to earth! Love, Cathy