Last night when we got home from work and the sitter's, Emmy was exhausted and I thought we might nap, but she was not about to have anything to do with a nap, so I just took one for the both of us. However, a one hour nap pretty much does me in for the rest of the evening so absolutlely nothing got accomplished. When it was time for bed, around 8:30, Emmy was way too interested in pulling the chain to turn the light on and off. I could feel myself getting more and more frustrated as I was trying to read to her for the night and she insisted on standing on the bed, I just knew that she would tumble over the footboard. I turned all the lights out and tried to get her to lie down with me and was having little luck. When Emmy is really tired, she plays with her hair and she finally kind of settled down curling her hair for a few minutes. Still fidgeting (I am almost positive that Momma told me that I was very fidgety kid to get to sleep), she raised up and leaned over and kissed me on the cheek then went back to her sleepy position.
How could I have been so irritated with her?? She is just amazing. I love Emmy Ruth for all of the wonderful things she is showing me every day.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment