Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yard sale

Wow. That was fun! As a family and friendship network, we had already gone through all of the things we wanted so selling the things we didn't want, really wasn't that emotional for me. I am really looking forward to getting this chapter closed in my life. So, yesterday we had the big yard sale and were very lucky. There was someone that actually bought my band jacket. So, if you see a guy with dark hair wearing a Wynne band jacket with a sailor collar and "Tara, Flute, '93" on the front, thank him for supporting our efforts.

Momma bought this gift for Daddy one year (have I mentioned that it is really hard to find things for him??) and we had a contest that whoever could guess what it was could have it. This lady was the closest... she guessed a cup holder. Actually, you put it in your cup holder in your car and it's a table for your take out food.

I would really like to meet the woman that sold my mother all of the Home Interior items she had.... The best part of the day was an older lady that came at the end and we gave her several Bibles and a briefcase of Vacation Bible School lessons that she could use at her church. She keep saying that it was such a blessing and I think that would have made Momma really proud. It was a long day, but as I have said so many times, thank God for Tara, Neall and Becca. I don't know what I would do without any of them.

1 comment:

Kaye Butler said...

The cup holder, take out food table is 100% your mom! She was always telling us that (about you) "she did me proud!" I think you did!