Thursday, June 26, 2008

The ABC's of It All

For a while, I have been really worried about Emmy's vocabulary skills. Everyone tells me I am nuts, but as a mom, you really worry a lot! I have no doubt that she is brilliant and I know that her phsyical skills are amazing for her age. But, she is not talking as much as I feel like she should be talking. Every day, we listen to KidsStuff on Sirius as we do our long drives and I make an effort to point things out to Emmy constantly... see the firestation? see the trees? let's walk to the car... From the day she was born, we have attempted to read at least one book a day. Of course, there are days that we miss, but we make an effort.

Last night, we were reading Dr. Suess's A, B, C's book and Emmy finally had enough. Not once, not twice, but three times, she stuck her fingers in her ears and started shaking her head. I think it was her way of saying "Get off my back Mama! I will talk when I am good and ready!"

No comments: