Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Sandy shorts and lots of pictures

We got home last night from our trip to Gulf Shores. Everyone had a great time--especially Emmy Ruth. She loved the ocean!! She thought it was so very exciting. Of course we had to make sure to show Razorback love even if we were in the state of Roll Tide and War Eagle.

There were so many memorable moments during our visit, but the best for me was when we first went to the beach. Emmy immediatley walked to the sand and picked up a shell. Tara and I both look towards each other and said, "yep, she's got her YiaYia in her". It was a pretty special moment. We have, of course, saved Emmy's first shell, a broken blacken shell. I almost could feel Momma there with us as we enjoyed our fabulous trip. We ate at the Oyster House and when the kids got their picture made in the cutout there, I felt like she was there smiling. The beach is so special to us all.

No comments: