Each morning, we leave and take Dadoo to work and then head to West Memphis to take Emmy to her sitter. I don’t like to get her there before 7:30 and John has to be at work at 7:00 so we have a little free time. Emmy and I like to get as many of our chores done as we can during this time, like going to Wal-Mart or Walgreen’s, but that can get expensive so we are looking for other ideas. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know! Here are some of the things we have done:- Go to the park (when it is warmer)
- When she was smaller, I would strap her on my chest and we would go for walks
- Take my laptop and sit in the Krystal’s parking lot and surf the internet because they have free WiFi (so does McDonald's)
- Get breakfast at Sonic and sit in the backseat with her and share our breakfast burrito over a good book (my personal favorite)
- Run the car through the carwash
We had the best weekend. The snow didn't really hamper us since it was actually all snow and no ice! Emmy wasn't too thrilled with it at all--she is her Mama's girl. She was out there for about 2 minutes and decided that was too cold and wanted to go back inside. On Saturday, we got up and headed to Sonic to pick up breakfast and I convinved John I needed to just run by the Salinas's while we were out. Two hours later, we finally let them get back to their day after the kids had a big time playing together. We brought Lucas and Emmy an order of CiniBites from Sonic so they both have icky goodness on their little faces in this picture. On Sunday, Emmy and I met the Salinases again for church and then spent the afternoon buying Emmy's swingset that her Aunt Cathy and Uncle Ted got her for her birthday. We ate lunch and Emmy insisted on actually feeding Lucas herself. Those kids... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment