Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Smiles

Easter is always such a special holiday for me. Of course, there are the religious reasons that it is so important but it is also one of the holidays that I most remember as a child. Mainly, I remember having to stand outside of our house on Crabb Lane in front of this little tree and get our family picture made each year. I hated it! Every time I take pictures of Neall and Daddy, I think of me being so difficult to photograph and I say a little 'sorry' to Momma. Then, today at church, one of the hymns was "Up from the Grave He Arose" and I can literally see Momma dancing in the aisle. She loved that song. I love it because it makes me think of her. I whispered in Emmy's ear while we were singing that her Yia Yia loved that song.


Then, we went to lunch at Neall and Becca's. Of course, everything was wonderful but I just see Solomon and Emmy and I wonder what Momma would have thought of them. I see them and I can see her in them. In Sol's fat little thighs and Emmy's quirky little facial expressions, I see Momma standing back and laughing at them and not being able to keep her hands off of them.


The sermon this morning was titled "Suddenly" and the preacher gave examples of how suddenly things happen: the cancer diagnosis, a spouse dies. I felt like every eye in the church was on Daddy and I, although I know of course they weren't. After the service and during the song, Becca went to get Sol and she brought Emmy back to the sanctuary with them. When the door opened, I suddenly saw my sweet Emmy Ruth walking through the door. And everything is wonderful and I am so very, very thankful for my life.
Guy talk. I wonder what in the world they are discussing? I am sure it is the engineering aspects of the JumpARoo.

No comments: