Friday, March 21, 2008

Ah, the insanity

Now that Emmy is in her new car seat, she doesn't sleep as much when we are driving. Really it is not that big of a deal but we really enjoyed that little 30 minute nap she would have in the afternoon as it put her in better spirits for the evening. But, when she does go to sleep, we inevitably wake her when try to move her in the house. The infant car seat was nice that we could just pick up the carrier and she could sleep on through the transition. So, last night, she feel asleep in the car and I didn't want to wake her, so I tried to find things to entertain me in the front yard. This really isn't hard since I just had my new flower bed tilled and I had seeds and plants on the porch to plant. But, I was in my work clothes! I couldn't leave her in the car alone to go in and change so I ended up digging in the flower bed in good clothes. I am sure my neighbors thought I was nuts. Later, my friend Natalie's husband Dan drove by and stopped to say hi so I asked him to sit with her while I ran in to change clothes and of course, Little Pumperdinkle woke up immediately.

Emmy is still in our bed but she has started not only sleeping with her head on my pillow but her entire body on my pillow. I am not sure how this happened exactly, but... somehow she managed last night to scoot off the pillow and off the bed in the middle of the night. John yelled when she fell and the girl went head first into the trash can on my side of the bed. Lucky for her, there was still trash in it so she did have a soft landing. Thankfully, she was not hurt in the least, just really annoyed that she was awake!

No comments: