Thursday, May 11, 2006

With Mother's Day weekend approaching...



I am so lucky to have so many people thinking of me during this time. While I was disgusted to see all the mother's day ads, especially the ones that came in my email, I have to say that I was more than a little upset at the blatant disregard they had for those of us that have no mothers. But then I realized that I do have a mom, she may not be here for me to touch, but dammit she is here. You are here in every step I take, in every breath and in every smile I see. You are here in every time I see someone act silly with their friends or every time I see someone hug someone. You are there. Every child I see, I think of how badly I want one of my own, and I cry that you won't be there to see him or her but then I realize that you will, just in your own way. How lucky am I to have such a good mom that let me be that little crappy preteen I see at Wal-Mart acting like a shit? I am horrified to see them now, I see how I was and I am so embarrassed. I think that I told you, especially as I grew older, how much I appreciated all the things that you did for me that you didn't have to do. I tried to tell you but I never realized the full extent of it until you weren't here. You didn't have to call me when I didn't call you by 750 am on my way to work, but you did. You didn't have to come here to help me clean house or to help me paint a Razorback room. And you certainly didn't have to listen to all my rants and raves on the way to work. But you did, because you loved me. And you continue to love me. I know that and as bad as you not being here sucks, it may be the best Mother's Day of them all since I appreciate all of the other days with you together into one Day, More,

No comments: