Emmy Ruth and I are so very thankful that we have a church that we truly enjoy and feel so welcome. We have been going to First Baptist for about two years now and has been wonderful. It is so interesting to me to hear some of the things that she interprets from church. Bellevue Baptist has three extremely large crosses on their lawn and last week we drove past them and Emmy said, “that is the cross that killed Jesus!”. The other day she was telling John, in her most reverent voice and with great concern, that Jesus died and went to heaven and now He lives in all of our hearts. However, when the fish in her classroom died, she said he went to fish heaven—which is in New Orleans.
Because John and I both have lost our mothers, Emmy thinks that when you grow up, your mom immediately goes to heaven. She often tells me that she doesn’t want to grow up because she doesn’t want me to go to heaven. I try to explain to her that it just so happened that her grandmothers are in heaven but it isn’t always that way and give her lots of examples. But, it is hard for a five year old to understand. Heck, it is hard for me to understand!
Then she will come up with something really adorable like she did yesterday before church:
“Mama, you look really prettier.”
I should have known better but I asked, “Prettier than what?”
“Prettier than you normally do.”
1 comment:
I love her age! :)
Post a Comment