I took this picture this morning on my cell phone so it's not a good one, but I couldn't resist those curls. Emmy Ruth is doing a pretty good job of sleeping in her bed but last night she slept with us. We went to see Ferdinand the Bull at the Orpheum with Sol and Rose and Julia. She was so excited and wound up when we got home, I knew she would never go to sleep in her room. When I woke this morning, she was lying with her head on my stomach and her curls falling everywhere. It was so precious and I hope I never forget moments like these. Sometimes when we are lying together, she will go to play with her and twist my hair instead. It's a Jackson thing. I do it, Neall does it, our cousin Cathy does it. Some people have tried to tell me she learned it from watching me but she did it as an infant so I am pretty sure it just comes naturally to her.
We have had quite the drama with our wardrobe lately. Emmy initially refused to wear any jeans. Now, she wants to wear dresses all the time. Not skirts but full dresses. We had a major meltdown yesterday when she threw a complete fit to wear a dress. It was hard to reason with her that she had all these adorable Valentines and heart shaped clothes to wear this week before the holiday. I did stand my ground, simply because she threw a fit and she has to learn that is unacceptable. This morning, I convinced her to wear pants since it is supposed to snow but she drew the line and refused to wear the adorable cardigan I had for her. I let that slide... this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment