Wednesday, January 05, 2011

That's One Mouthy Kid

Emmy’s new favorite word is ridiculous. Last night, I had her helping me clean her room and she told me I was being “ridiculous”. After church on Sunday, I had her change from her dress she wore to church into some scrubby sweats to go play in the backyard. The little princess was not amused. “Look at me” she said, “I look ridiculous!”

We spent New Year’s Eve in Jonesboro and had the best time. We rented a suite at a hotel with an indoor pool and spent some good quality time with some of John’s family. We all went to see Tangled again and then Emmy got to swim and I got to shop. I think that was a win for everyone! Emmy kept telling John’s sister that “daddy beats us up every morning”. It took me forever to realize she was telling her that he wakes up before we do each morning, not that he physically beats us up. I was worried how in the world I was going to explain this one.

I tell Emmy Ruth all the time that she is my favorite water buffalo. It absolutely infuriates her, so of course I continue doing it. She says “I am not a water buffalo! I am a princess! A Princess Superhero!” She is really into the superheroes, for sure. In fact, during Christmastime, she named her Elf on the Shelf “WonderWoman Baby”.

And last but not least, every night, Emmy Ruth has us all do a Burton Family Hug—me, John and her. It’s pretty precious.

No comments: