Saturday, January 22, 2011

Busy Saturday!!

Poor Daddy had to work on Saturday morning so Emmy Ruth and I planned an all girls' day. We started out at her ballet class. I read online about a princess party at the Disney Store so we rushed out to Wolfchase after her class. We arrived just in time!!! There were lots of people there so I couldn't get too close but there were lots of princesses. All the girls got crowns and they had princess games and even made their own jeweled tea cups. I wasn't sure how many people would be there since it was limited to 50 kids, so I didn't tell Emmy we were going. I had her Snow White dress in a bag so she threw it on over her clothes. She spent a lot of time studying all the toys there and not paying attention to the games but eventually got into it.


After a little shopping, Emmy spotted the Build A Bear workshop. Nana took her in October and she got her first Build a Bear (named "Emmyruthburton"). Since then, any time we see a store, she goes nuts. Today we got a new bear, in blue, named Alex, after a little boy in her class. She is obviously a pro at building bears--I have never actually been there for the creation process. She knew to step on the peddle so the stuffing would go in the bear. When the seamstress told her to put the heart in with a kiss and a wish, Emmy kissed her bear instead of the heart. Pretty sweet.
Then I thought I would just swing by the Lasting Impressions photo studio since her birthday is coming up and I haven't had her portraits done in a while. Of course we got some cute pictures and spent way too much money.

2 comments:

Tracy said...

She is just beautiful, Tara! She reminds me of her mother. :)

Pat said...

Wonderful pictures! She is soooo pretty!!