This weekend, we discovered that a lot of the activities in Memphis were free on Saturday in honor of the inauguration of Tennessee’s new governor. We were lucky enough to have family and friends with whom to enjoy the good times!
We kicked things off Friday night by visiting Sol and Rose and Julia (oh yeah, and Neall, Becca and Joy) downtown at the condo. They kids had fun pretending to be monster under a big blanket and scaring us all. I swear, we are going to have to cut back on the Scooby Doo she’s watching!! Saturday morning while we were at ballet class, the rest of the group went to the Civil Rights Museum. We all met back up again (with Mrs. Debbie and Laura Ruth) and went to the Brooks Museum, to lunch at the India Palace, and then to the Botanical Gardens to see “My Big Backyard”. We had so much fun and the kids are just absolutely adorable and play so well together. It was so cold and the girls kept sticking their hands in the water!
Rose Ryan looks so much like Neall and Momma in this picture. She is such a delight and I just adore her.
After a quick round of shopping, Emmy Ruth rode to Arkansas with the Jacksons to spend Saturday night with nana and Sunday night with Sol and Rose. I did have some concern that Aunt Becca wouldn’t let me have her back but late Monday afternoon, they came to eat in Memphis and I got to hang with the three munchkins at the house. They are a hoot! Between the dancing, Rose trying on everyone’s shoes and the chocolate milk, we had a big time. Becca kept telling me that Emmy was being ‘perfect’; I was slightly afraid of what child they were going to return to me!!!
We are so very lucky to have so many precious friends and family. I can’t think of anyone that I would have rather spent this past weekend with and I know Momma was smiling seeing them all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment