I really wanted Emmy Ruth to take swimming lessons this year. It wasn't so much that I wanted her to be swimming as just not as skiddish around the water. Thinking this would be a great idea and she was so excited about lessons, I was shocked when she cried and cried. I eventually left class on Tuesday and sat in the driveway but Emmy jumped out of the pool and came running down the driveway to me. So, on Wednesday, I left and ran to Home Depot and when I returned, again, she jumped out of the pool and came running down the driveway in tears.
Thursday when I picked her up, she was excited and Miss Allison said she had done wonderfully and didn't cry at all!!! Her Friday class was postponed due to rain and she literally cried because she was so excited. When we went on Saturday, John and I were amazed to see her loving the class and putting her face in the water with no problems. She even SWAM a few feet. I couldn't believe it!!!! She was so proud of herself--especially since her daddy was there this time.
I am so proud of her. And a little, tiny bit proud of me for not caving and taking her out when she was so upset.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment