To start the week off, I was mortified at what Emmy said/did. At Rose's party, she greeted a well wisher with a big 'pfffffffffffft'. It was one of those moments that I wish I could have seen my face. And what exactly do I do when she does that? Spank her or put her in time out in the middle of the party???? I could have just melted into the pavement.
Thankfully, some other quips she had this week were somewhat amusing.
I have been looking for a church and finally found one I really like. I plan to take her this Sunday for the first time so I have really been talking it up to her. We did (attempt to) go to church last weekend with the Jacksons so when I mentioned it to her, Emmy said, "But we went to church last week!"
We went to Walmart this evening to get a few things and Emmy Ruth exclaimed no fewer than a dozen times, "OH MY GOSH! Back up! That is adorable!!!!!!!!!"
We were checking out the bikes and found this really awesome Barbie bike, complete with a mini bike for Barbie. Emmy really liked it, until she saw the motorized car. Then she told me she wanted the car, Barbie could have the bike and she would drive the car over and pick up Lucas at his house.
As we were checking out at Walmart, I saw a mom and dad and a little boy who was obviously a patient at St. Jude's. This is something I see a lot in Memphis, especially in Midtown (or West Memphis as it were today). It always makes me stop and want to slap my forehead as I say to myself "MY GOD, WOMAN! SLOW DOWN! How amazingly lucky you are to have a healthy child!" As I was getting her out of the shopping cart, I kissed her and told her I was so thankful to be her mommy and she wrapped her little sticky arms around me and kissed me and said she was thankful to be my daughter. It doesn't get much better than that.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment