Monday, July 19, 2010

Mud Island

Sunday afternoon, we had brunch at the Arcade Restaurant and then hopped on the trolley for the Riverfront Loop. We ended up at Mud Island and did the Riverwalk (the miniature replica of the Mississippi River). I didn’t realize that she would get soaking wet, apparently all the other parents did as they all had their kids in swimsuits! This poor little brown dress has been nothing but wet when she has worn it… into this exhibit, into Lake Catherine.

 

A little girl named Sophie was there too and she took an interest in Emmy Ruth. She kept calling her “little one” and telling her to be careful. It was adorable. When we were walking off, I called out to Emmy, “come on, Turtle, let’s go”. I am not sure why I call her that sometimes, but I have for a while now, maybe because she’s so slow when I am in a hurry. Sophie said, “Turtle! Your momma wants you!”

 

Then we did the peddle boats and Emmy was not nearly as amused as I had hoped. We rented them for 30 minutes but were out there for about 5.5 minutes. Emmy was done and wanted out, so John and I peddled our little hearts out to get us back to the starting point, me with an Emmy on my lap. She was so tired that she fell asleep on the trolley ride back to the car!

 

No comments: