…as she is when she is sleeping in her own bed!!! After going through a setback with Emmy sleeping in her bed, we got her a twin bed for Christmas and Nana Alice got her a Dora comforter and sheets and we are working again towards her sleeping in her bed. She does fairly well but it’s never easy getting her down for the night. She has this great nightlight that shines an image of KaiLan on the ceiling and it seems to be helping a lot. Usually, John or I will lie down with her until she sleeps, but John is really bad about lying in there and talking and playing. I sometimes think he is worse than she is. I, on the other hand, am the bad guy. I will count to three and if she isn’t lying down trying to sleep, I leave. Last night, I left and I could hear her on the monitor crying, “Mama! I am closing my little eyes!” What a goof ball she is. The night before, I let her cry it out and when I heard her stop crying, I looked at John and said, “I think we finally broke her spirit!” I do know that the tough bedtime ritual is so worth it as she sleeps better and John and I sleep better. It’s not nearly as hard to wake her up in the mornings when she has slept in her room and John doesn’t wake up complaining of her foot being in his neck. It’s a win-win … we just have to keep it up.
Emmy’s school has this really long hallway to walk down and two small flights of stairs to go up in order to get to her classroom. She loves to tell me to wait at the bottom of the stairs until she gets to the top and then she lets me take my turn. This morning, she made me wait at the end of the hallway and she ran all the way down to her door. She kept turning around to see if I was waiting, as I was supposed to, and if she caught me moving out of turn, she yelled at me to stop. I was a little nervous because I didn’t know what she was going to do when she got to the end… try to escape? I can just imagine me losing her in that huge church and trying to hunt her down all morning. When it was finally my turn, she stood at the end of the hall, cheering me on, “Go Mama! Go Mama!” and jumping up and down, doing spirit fingers and waving for me. I wish I could have THAT on video to look at each and every time I need a pick-me-up!
No comments:
Post a Comment