Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Funny Christmas stories

Emmy Ruth calls Mickey and Minnie Mouse “Mickamouse” and “Minamouse” because she says them so quickly and so closely together. Santa brought her a Minnie Mouse vacuum cleaner and she immediately picked it up and started vacuuming the floors and said “sh!&, sh!&,  sh!&,” as she pushed it along. I know that only I can take blame for that one.

As we were preparing to leave for Arkansas on Christmas Eve, we were trying to pick out a movie to watch in the car and Emmy spotted a Shirley Temple movie on the shelf. She immediately said, “that’s mine!” and wanted to watch it. I figured she wouldn’t enjoy it much but she watched it all and even exclaimed “look, it’s me! on TV!” So many people have commented on how she looks like Shirley Temple, because of the hair, and she agrees!

We have a little issue with her picking her nose now too. I keep telling her that princesses don’t pick their nose and tell her each time I catch her to stop doing it. Sometimes, she will then run away and hide so she pick her nose in peace. In the car the other day, I told her to stop so she held her hand up in front of her eyes, as if I could not see her if she couldn’t see me, and continued on.  This is a work in process.

I am continuing to wash, dry, and present the princess with her princess outfits over and over. She must have one on at all times when she is at home. It’s quite funny.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Pat said...

Oh, Tara! These are so funny! Love your new banner, too. She is her Yia Yia's granddaughter! Look at all those bracelets!!! And yes! Shirley Temple! Duh! Of course!