Is there anything more precious than taking your princess to her first ballet? My friend Shannon works at AutoZone and they were invited to see The Nutcracker final dress rehearsal last night at the Orpheum before the show starts today. She invited Emmy and I to go along with her mother Peggy (my friend and boss and “Giggy” to Emmy). I was really worried that we might not make it through the first scene with our rambunctious girl but she was wonderful. She loved it! The entire first act, she sat relatively still and watched, pointing, “oohing” and “aahing”, and clapping at all the right moments. It was so very special. Momma used to tell me about all the times she and Daddy took me to see The Nutcracker and I slept through it. I know that Yia Yia was so proud of our girl for being so grown up last night. Of course, I sat there with Emmy in my lap, wearing her shirt with ballet shoes on it, kissing her hair and thinking of how lucky we are, and had tears in my eyes. Emmy kept whispering “No, Mama” when I squeezed her too tightly or nuzzled her neck a little too much.
And then we got home and she promptly ditched me to play drums with her Daddy.
No comments:
Post a Comment