The older I get, the more I feel like I am trapped in a Griswold movie. After decorating the tree, I tried to put a rather large gift in the back and pushed it over. John came running to help and as I we lifted it up, the piece that fits in the top snapped and broke. And yes, we tried to duct tape it back together. I am sad since the tree was Momma’s and it’s a lovely tree, but it’s a huge tree and really was way too big for my living room. I have wanted a taller, thinner tree or a real tree for a while so I guess it’s not a horrible thing.
We are going to celebrate Christmas this year with our half tree. Emmy will always remember this anyway…

5 comments:
Good times. Now that will be someting to remember! Thanks for the chuckle.
ok, that was my comment but I obviously didn't log in correctly.
That's funny!
Julie
Wonderful! I have a feeling Yia Yia would love the half tree! Making good memories all the time!
Your mom would be rolling on the floor laughing. She would love it and she would love the fact that you tried to duck tape it.
I love that you are still going to use it! I featured your blog so you might have a few strangers stop by.
Post a Comment