Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fifteen months

It is going to be difficult, but I am really going to try to not say anything about how I can’t believe we are already here or how did time get by us so quickly. Oh, Emmy Ruth, you are a mess! This child is rotten and I just absolutely love it. She, on the other hand, just absolutely loves her daddy. Every day when we get in the car to go to work, John comes out after us and she claps when she sees him. The same thing in the evening when we get home, John comes to the car to get her out and she starts clapping and cheering for him. It’s hysterical.

Emmy still loves her Baby. All baby dolls. She carries them around the house and loves them and feeds them and rocks them. It is adorable to see. For the first time, John and I have seen something in here that she didn’t get from either of us: her love for the outdoors. John and I can agree that it is too hot for us to be outside, but not Emmy. Lucas got her a sand and water table for her birthday and she loves to play in the front yard with it. The other day, I brought lots of toys outside for her to play and she was beside herself with glee. The empty box, of course, was a favorite. John and his friend Victor were skateboarding in front of the house and she could not contain her excitement. When they would jump onto the sidewalk, Emmy would squeal and clap. I am going to have a talk with her and explain that she needs to not get quite so excited about the skateboarding boys yet, her day will come for that.
Unless we get really stingy and just want her to ourselves, Emmy is sleeping in her own big girl bed. It’s enough to just bring you to tears to see. This was on Mother’s Day after church—she was pooped! Notice all the stuffed animals that are strategically placed around her just to make sure she doesn’t fall off the bed. The sheets on her bed were mine when I was little; Grandma Jackson made a quilt and shams that match it as well. And the silky floral pillowcases were Grandma Ruth's. I like to keep a little something of old around for Emmy all the time in her room.She has a Hello Kitty iPod docking station in her room so that she can listen to lullabies as she goes to sleep. She loves to play with it and turn the music UP! REALLY! LOUD! and then she gets mad at me for taking it away from her to get it back to a tolerable level. I remember getting a lavender jambox for Christmas one year from Santa and being so excited and dancing to Lionel Richie at Grandma Ruth’s house when I was seven or so. A NewWave lavender jambox is a far cry from a Hello Kitty iPod docking station… I am terrified to see what else is coming…

I can’t believe that we are already here at fifteen months old and I can’t believe how the time got by us so quickly. Our sweet Emmy Ruth is growing by leaps and bounds. It must be all that milk.

No comments: