Wednesday, February 06, 2008

It was a FAT SCARY Tuesday!!

We always hear about the tornado watches and warnings and they have gotten so commonplace that we often ignore them. Yesterday, they let the schools out early becuase of the impending storm and we all grumbled about "when I was in school...." and wondered what in the world they thought parents were supposed to do. Well, now, I can say that parents can be thankful that their kids weren't on schoolbusses when that crazy storm went down yesterday. I left my office right in the thick of it and headed over the bridge to get Emmy. We were on our way home and constantly on the phone with friends and John regarding the weather. As I was just about to get on the bridge, I got three calls telling me to turn around and they were all terrified. So, Emmy and I went to stay at my boss Peggy's house there in West Memphis. Luckily, there was no damage to our house, but Memphis got hit pretty hard. After John felt like it was okay to try it, we headed back home. Our friend Victor came over with his dog and we all were ready to run to the basement just in case. Thankfully, we are all okay.


Emmy did want to wear her Mardi Gras beads this morning since yesterday was Fat Tuesday after all. She wore her flashing beads with the ducks to MiMi's this morning--I am sure she was thrilled!
And I am not sure what this face is about, but it is silly none the less...

No comments: