Today is our sweet girl’s six month birthday. I can’t believe it. This time last year, I was carrying beef sticks and crackers in my purse to fend off hunger and nausea strikes at any point during the day. I was going home at lunch to get quick catnaps in so that I could work for the rest of the afternoon. And look at us now. Here is our sweet Emmy. For the longest time, I wondered what in the world we were doing and if we could even do this. I still do sometimes, but now, I can't believe that we ever lived before we had her. She smiles and it just absolutely melts me. I can actually feel my knees going limp. We went to eat lunch yesterday at El Mezcal and there was a family across the aisle from us with two daughters. The dad kept staring at Emmy and I know he was thinking, yeah, my girls were that small once. I kept staring at his daughters thinking, yeah, my girl is going to be that age soon, so soon. But in an effort to keep things entertaining, Emmy promptly reached up and spilled my large coke all over the table. That's my girl... Trying to snap Mama back into reality and telling me to quit worrying about all the things that could happen and just sit here and enjoy the absolute wonder that is right now.
The poor girl apparently has no toys and is forced to play with solicitations that Mama gets in the mail...
I love this photo where she seems to be staring lovingly at Daddy. I took this with my cell phone so it is kind of grainy...
Our latest favorite thing to do is to stroll up to Do's to eat sushi. Emmy seems to enjoy sitting on the patio with Mama and Daddy. I think she likes it to so much since everyone that walks by tells her how beautiful she is...
1 comment:
omg.. can you belive they are six months old??? crazy huh? hope all is well, tried to call ya couple of times to see how your week is going!! hope it went well, ill be gone for a week starting tuesday. taking d.w. on his first plane ride, wish me luck
bethy
Post a Comment