Friday, February 17, 2012

Random toys

Here are a few shots of Emmy’s toys during the week.

 

We got up the other morning and Emmy scolded her babies for having been up all night eating. “Emma Elizabeth! I can’t believe you took those grapes! And Rapunzel, you with that chicken! Mama, your ugly baby ate all the corn.”  I am not sure why she didn’t care about the baby in the stroller eating a banana split sundae but obviously she has her favorite child.

 

Then she got a talking Elvis doll for Valentine’s Day. I am not going to say who gave her this but it starts with a “ma” and ends with “ma”. John put him in the Barbie mansion and said he felt like this is how the King would want to be found. Apparently he has a thing for redheads.

 

It seems that this bookshelf is now a parking garage.

 

And BidDay must not have gone so well for this Grecian Goddess Barbie. It looks like she is trying to jump out of the window of the ZipBin Barbie Dream House. After college, I worked for the National Organization and travelled around the country for Sigma Sigma Sigma and one of the chapters I visited gave me that Barbie as a gift when I left. For years, it’s been in my collection downstairs and Emmy saw it and asked for it and it seemed so trivial to not give it to her. I loved that doll; I am going to miss her. I will, however, draw the line at the official Tara Jackson Barbie that Momma had created for me. Emmy Ruth can’t have that one!

 

The story of the week is a little sad. Our sweet friend Beth makes everyone a wonderful strawberry cake for their birthdays. It is a good cake, one made in a Pyrex dish, so you know it’s good and juicy. I have been sick with the flu this week and when Mr. Tim brought the cake over, I was lying on the couch hoping to make it back to my bed. Emmy was such a big girl and got her own plate and fork and cut a great piece for each of us. When John got home shortly afterwards, I went to bed, he fed the dogs and let Bill back inside the house. A few minutes later, I heard Emmy scream. She left the Pyrex dish of cake on the chair and Bill ate it. All of it.  As I was getting up to see what the fuss was about, John was telling Bill to go outside and Emmy was yelling “Go outside, FOREVER!” In the kitchen, Emmy asked for my basting brush with the wooden handle. I am pretty sure she was about to go after poor Bill so we had to have a long talk. In hindsight, the vision of that five year old with a wooden spoon and a baby doll in one hand was pretty funny.

 

These were Emmy’s Valentine’s for her class this year. Pretty cute.

 

 

 

No comments: