Thursday, October 07, 2010

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy????????

A decade or so ago when Nancy Kerrigan was attacked by Tonya Harding, the clip that played over and over was of Nancy on the ground, holding her knee screaming "why? why?". That is stuck in my mind as I hear that question over and over and over and over.

Watching Mulan, she asked John a thousand questions about why they did this or that.

Why do we have to wear panties to school?

On the way to school, why is the sun up? Why is her school to the left and not the right?

When driving the other day, I almost couldn't figure out what she meant when she asked why that truck was carrying that other truck. I finally found the street sign and explained that if someone parked in the grass, his or her car would be towed. Why? Because there is a law against that. Why? Because cars go on the street and parking lots. Why? Because Mama was apparently a very difficult child to raise and she is now earning it all back.

No comments: