I let Bill out in the back yard to do her thing when I go downstairs to do my thing (get dressed). This morning when I went to let her back in, I noticed something moving in the pool. (Yes. it is still up. On one hand, this is awful as it is October, but on the other hand, we were actually in the pool about two weeks ago, so it’s not been up unused THAT long. And I don’t have the time to nag Burton on it right now.) I thought it looked like a squirrel and you know how I am pretty sure my demise will come from rabies so I didn’t want to get too close. I stood on the Adirondack chair to see the little rabid beast swimming in our pool! Emmy was having a rough morning so to kind of snap her out if it, I asked if she wanted to see something funny, there’s a squirrel swimming in your pool! Of course she did.
So, we go out, and I don’t see it. I thought it might be against the side of the pool closest to us and I am not about to get right on top of it and look in so holding ER, I climb up the ladder for the slide and we stand on the top of the slide to look. No swimming squirrel. But one at the bottom of the pool. I said, oh he must have gotten out, but of course she sees it and says “I SEE IT! It’s DEAD!”
In the kitchen, she says, “I’m gonna invite Jillian over to see my dead squirrel!”
No comments:
Post a Comment