Friday, June 11, 2010

Just this morning...

This morning as I was getting ready, I had Emmy work on a birthday card for her Aunt Cathy. I knew I had misjudged the amount of personal freedom to give her when she walked in the bathroom holding the inside of a blue marker in her tiny blue hands. She told me she didn’t want to go to school with blue hands and I told her to just tell her friends she was turning into a Smurf. “What’s a smuf?”

 

Today is Show and Tell day so Emmy took her Caboodle that Aunt Becca gave her for her birthday. (I know her teachers are thrilled that she has a box with makeup, nailpolish and fifty tiny Dora rings.) When we were leaving, I asked her to carry it and she said “My daddy is a good carrier; he can carry anything”. I told her that he was a good carrier and she was lucky to have such a good daddy. Then, she said, “He’s a good cooker too”. I agreed. She proceeded to tell me all the wonderful things about her daddy the whole way out of the house and into the car. She must know Father’s Day is next weekend.

 

No comments: