Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

Earlier this week, I asked Emmy Ruth what she wanted to get Daddy for Father's Day. Without a bit of hesitation, she said, "soap". I am not sure why she wanted to get him soap, but she did. I brought it up again later and she said again that she wanted to get him soap. So she did. Aunt Becca called Friday afternoon and seemed to be a little concerned when I told her we were at the Family Dollar getting John's Father's Day gift...

There really is no way for me to describe what a good father John has become. He has learned to sit patiently as Emmy picks out his princess outfit, he's helped her makeup pizza at home just like my dad did with me, he spends hours with her doing whatever she wants, he has introduced her to Scooby Doo instead of these new fangled cartoons, he is the one she wants when she is sick (sometimes she picks me but it is usually her daddy), he is absolutely the daddy every little girl deserves. I could not be more proud of him.

Saturday we went to Wynne to celebrate Father's Day with Daddy, LynnLynn and the Jacksons. I love seeing what a great dad Neall is. How lucky the two of us are to have had such a wonderful father. There aren't many kids that can brag about a dad the way that we can. Emmy isn't the only daddy's girl around this joint, you know...

No comments: