Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cinderella

“No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Emmy Ruth is really getting into the princesses lately. We watched Cinderella the other night and she just loved it. I am really having a hard time with this transition to little girlhood for her. Watching Dora the Explorer is still a toddler thing but the princesses really makes her a little girl. I think it also has to do with me being such a “princess” as a kid, it’s really emotional watching her get into this—in a good way!—but emotional. Momma bought me the Cinderella DVD, it was the last Christmas gift she bought me, and I had not opened it since I already had a copy, so when Emmy pulled it out to watch Tuesday night, we opened it for the first time together. It is the little things that get me every time…

We were in the car yesterday and Emmy was singing along to her music CD and I heard her sing loud and clear: “there’s a hole in the bottom of the sink, there’s a hole in the bottom of the sink, there’s a hole, there’s a hole, there’s a hole in the bottom of the sink”. I guess it’s true and it does make more sense than there being a hole in the bottom of the sea.

No comments: